Many consumer goods companies ship product from the warehouse to outside packging providers only to have the product return to the same warehouse. This increases freight costs and loses visibility to the product during packaging. AIL helps its consumer goods customers maintain visibility, reduce costs and speed cycle time by performing final product configuration and contract packaging services in the warehouse.
Furthermore, contract packaging services should not stop at simple execution of final packaging. 3PLs that have evolved their businesses to meet this emerging market demand will enable CPG companies to pursue a total outsourced model for contract packaging services, including display design and testing; sourcing and ownership of packaging materials; and equipment specification and purchasing.
What packaging services does AIL offer?
- EDI, eCommerce and internet transactions
- Display design, manufacture and assembly
- Custom pallets
- Case gluing
- Coupons/Rebate forms
- Clamshell/Blister pack/Folding box
- Bag sealing
- Ink jet coding
- Shrink wrapping
- Test samples
AIL Contract Packaging Services Benefits
- Speed cycle time. Co-locate warehousing and secondary packaging to eliminate touch points in your supply chain.
- Reduce freight costs and carbon emissions. Eliminate freight costs to outside packagers.
- Reduce labor. At AIL’s large, multi-client operations, we shift resources among customers to economically handle unplanned volume spikes.
- Cut capital costs. AIL has invested in cartoners, checkweighers, shrink wrapping machines, and other equipment to meet your simple and complex contract packaging needs.
- Increase visibility. Track inventory throughout the packaging process.